This page lists news items posted at the wiki.
- Anybody may post news articles which are related to Red Dead games, as well as the wiki itself.
* To submit news in this category, simply create a blog page and add it to Category:News, however, please be sure that the topic is relevant. Any questions or other banter are not allowed.
* To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
Morning chaps, open beta is on the way, with new features, new infocards, locations, safehouse upgrades, weapons, images and other goodies. It's an opportunity for all to see how good they really are on a level playing field.
The wiki needs you! Lots of new information needs to be added, but also we need your help to build the community. why not host your faction here?
Any problems just use the talk pages, and we'll help you develop your ideas.Read more >
So after a week of being assigned to a 'squad' of all females (still trying to figure out if "Command" is a misogynist or what his malfunction happens to be), and helping them accomplish a few "Chem mish's" as Command calls them. (Technically they are sample, antiviral and compound retrieval missions. But Command talks in his own short code for some reason) Of course, in typical Command fashion, we get detoured to two different far off destinations to "exfil the nubs" as he calls it.
Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but when you are on day 6 of a 2 day "mish" and you've picked up 3 additional unskilled mouths to feed.
It's a good thing we knew where to look while scrounging. Otherwise we may have not have made it. I guess it was a learning experience for the new found ones. Where to look while looting, how to hastely construct a shelter.
I suppose I shouldn't complain too loudly, without the new survivors I'd probably still be back in squad A on 'scrounging detail…Read more >
I'll tell you where. Nowhere near this wiki. I'm just sorry. I just dislike the way Wikia is laid out. I don't know, maybe I'm just picky. Or maybe it's because I like checking up on wikis and forums when I'm on the move. And lemme tell you this...No Wikia sites are able to load on my phone's browser. It just annoys me, you know? I'm sorry if I sound picky, but I like browsing via my phone or PSP when I'm on the move. And if I can't check the sites through neither of the above two gadgets, well...Some sites will just slip from memory because of that. But I solemnly swear I will at least try to be more active around here. I can see some pages could use an update. Like the Safehouse page, which needs a new picture and section to show off Faction safehouses. --Axe Hack Recent Changes Mudkip! 05:33, January 18, 2011 (UTC)Read more >
Hi guys, when writing articles, please remember SP stands for SURVIVAL POINTS, not survivor points or skill points. Thanks! --Rosslessness 17:45, November 3, 2010 (UTC)Read more >
I'm sure many of you are pretty irritated by our (or more percisely the admin's) automated welcome message, so I've decided to rewrite it in a more colourful tone. Now written, in character, it has more feeling than the standard, thanks for editing so and so. To see/edit it (you're welcome to make edits!), go to http://wotld.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Welcome-message-user.
Keep in mind that the $numbers are code for certain names.
$1=Page edited by new contributor
$2=Admin's talk page
-WhitesymphoniaRead more >
I'd like to say welcome on behalf of the community here at the WoTLD wiki. It's great having more contributers to help on the wiki. For those of you who are pretty new to wiki editing, I'd suggest you just read the wiki as you play the game, and add whatever information you find missing. It may not seem like much, but it'll help a lot in the long run. For those that want a bigger challenge, we have a community organized watercooler where we have a todo list in progress. It's mostly major things we have to get finished, but there are some small items that new editors can tackle. If you feel that there's anything that needs to be created/edited, just leave it on the todo list. If you're not sure it should be there, just suggest it in the todo list's talk page, and someone is sure to reply with their thoughts.
P.S. Please ignore my automated welcome messages, they're pretty annoying. I'm getting around to fixing them :)Read more >
I dislike these wikia changes for one major reason...There's no direct link to Recent Changes, regardless of what page you view. No, a link to Wiki Activity doesn't count for me. Sure, it may have a link to RC in there, but if you want to get to RC from whatever page you're looking at, it takes not one, but two clicks! Rage, rage, rage!!! --Axe Hack 16:55, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
What? it's on the main page, as a little clickable button labelled "recent changes" Whitesymphonia 01:38, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Lies!!! x) --Axe Hack 01:44, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh nvm, yeah I get what you mean. Wiki Activity works for me though. I think there used to be a recent changes one. I'll look through the design schemes, see if I can add it in. If not, we can just edit the main page.Whitesymphonia 02:08, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- gotcha an activity feed on main page now. Took forever to figure out why another one was popping up randomly. I'll see if I can change it to recent changes somehow Whitesymphonia…
Read more >
As of October 22, the World of the Living Dead Wiki has gotten a facelift! Due to the new wikia style changes, we have decided to redo the mainpage, so you'll be seeing a really messy main page over the course of a few days from now. Hope you enjoy!Read more >
- I sent Swartz and Lawhon to hit the 7-11 on East 10th again this morning. Few zed around - SCUG was reading green all 'round; those present didn't catch on until the guys were on their way out. Low take though... based on what Swartz radioed, the place hasn't been worked too hard, but with two people looking it was a meager outing. Warned both to leave earlier if the take is slim. Both showed as totally wiped on the SCUGS by the time they checked in at the NECRA safehouse where they're camping.
-Havener, Disabato and the other one... Muhlstein? They continue to surprise. When Sherman and the 'A' squad picked up their call only Gonzalo wanted to go after them. He's dead, but they are still kicking somehow. Maybe Sherman had the right idea after all, although they prob. wouldn't agree.
- 'A' squad continues to do well. We're moving the guns and ammo dump again - possibly tonight if Lagraize (is that how you spell it? I can't remember) feels better. His leg keeps hurting and I don't want…Read more >
World of the Living Dead is still in beta, but any players are more than welcome to edit this wiki as they explore the game.Read more >